Mental Capacity & Deprivation of Liberty
Our MCA inc DOLS course is designed to cover all areas involved in this law.
The following areas are covered :
- Mental Capacity
- What Does MCA introduce
- 5 Key Principles of the MCA
- Helping People to Make Decisions for Themselves
- Assessing Capacity
- The Functional Test of Capacity
- Best interests
- The Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- How do the MCA DOLS relate to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA) ?
- Applying for Urgent Authorisations
- What happens when a MCA DOLS authorization is granted ?
- What is the role of the relevant person’s representation?
- What is the role of the IMCA ?
- Protecting people who lack capacity from Ill-treatment or neglect
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment
- Advance Decisions to Refuse Life-Sustaining Treatment
- Confidentiality & Record Keeping
- New public bodies & services created by the MCA
- Research involving people who lack capacity
- Other legislation, policy and procedures